Friday, May 7, 2010

TechStyle Fasion Show

I changed my layout. I promise I'll change it again when I feel more creative and I'm not trying to get through finals week.

Finals week is so strange. It is anxiety+boredom=exhaustion. I rolled out of bed this morning at 6:45 to make it to my 7:30 a.m. U.S. History final. I didn't brush my hair or anything. I schlepped it over there rocking my running shoes, jeans, and t-shirt, ala soccer mom fantastic.

Instead I should have taken some notes from the TechStyle Senior fashion show that I attended a few weeks ago:
Stylish (or crazy) purple hat club (why is it called that if they wear red hats?).

























High-waisted, funky patterns, bright colors, and Mad-Men influences were abundant.


























Creative use of material, and even some mens fashion.



























My friend Megan walked for a few of the designers. That's her in the heart cut-out dress (sorry about the picture quality in general...the lighting was horrible and I was not front row), and the two of us after. She did a fantastic job. It was fun to be able to support some style at Tech and in Lubbock!

Now does anyone volunteer to do my last two finals? :)

Always,
Hannah

P.S.
I just love my blue silk Betsey Johnson wrap dress. Thanks N!

Edit: Oops! I meant 'Betsey Johnson' not MJ. I was looking at his collection that was on sale at Gilt.com. Hehe

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is SO cute:) that blue is gorgeous on you! I love the pattern too. Marc Jacobs?? AW. that's fantastic. I really like the first shot from the fashion show- the high waisted black print shorts and red top. cute!

    And. I love the heart cut out back on your friends dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blue dress. You couldn't see it all in the pictures from the last time you wore it. I think it is one of my favorites! Glad you had fun at the show. Can't wait to see you!
    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete