Monday, March 29, 2010

Chalk-tastic

Today it was 80 degrees outside.
Today Manfriend N and I went to the Leisure Pool we have on campus. I didn't take any pictures of that (perhaps tomorrow when it's 90 degrees), but I did take pictures of a warm day a few weeks ago.
Manfriend N had to put on his rouge before we went out.
He finished his chalk drawing in a record breaking 2 minutes. Apparently chalking is now like football in that when you score a touchdown finish drawing, you do a victory dance which includes throwing your chalk down, and possibly doing the sprinkler.
Grand Canyon. Get it?
I took my time and relished in the 70+ degrees. I drew a portrait of my favorite person.
I made those cut-offs too. But wait. Can a person make cut-offs? They have embroidered flowers and things on them too, if that helps. They are perfect and I will wear them 6 out of 7 days a week this summer. I know it.
The resemblance is uncanny right??
P.S. That is his big architecture case in his left hand. Because it is attached to him. He spends 20 + hours a week drawing. Phew.

We had lots of people look at us. Most of the looks were not "why are these fully grown people drawing with chalk on our sidewalks and generally getting in our way". They were more looks of supreme jealousy and wishing that they could release their inner child and take a break from trig, and the compromise of 1850, and how many licks it takes to get to the center, etc.

Always,
Hannah

1 comment: