This past weekend N and I visited his sister, Autumn, brother in law, Josh, and niece, Ava, in Norman, Oklahoma. It was fun to get a little weekend break from work. OU was beautiful and we had a lot of fun. Some highlights of the trip include, but aren't limited to:
1) Meeting the Allstate Insurance guy's (Dennis Haysbert) cousin or brother in the grocery store. They have the same voice. I nearly swooned with auditory happiness.
2) Eating cupcakes at Sara Sara Cupcakes.
3)Touring the law school. Including the mock Supreme Court!
4)Watching Autumn get her ear pierced. Yes. Just the one.
5) Lots of playing.
6) Even a family photo shoot by the talented Amanda Pate.
7) Eating homemade buffalo chili. Yum!
8) Realizing that some day I might be out of school and start to have part of a life.
The only problem was that we had a flat tire that had to get patched, then replaced with a new tire, so we didn't leave until 6 and the sun was setting. About the 4th hour of our 6 hour drive back, N got sick. I had to keep pulling over for him to ralph (nicer way to say it?). Poor kid. We didn't get back until 1:30 and I had to wake up for an 8 a.m. class. Oh college...