Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wishing for Time

When I was in high school I thought I didn't have time to do anything. I thought going to school for 8 hours a day was hard. Throw in some band practices and I was overwhelmed.

Now that I have class 5 or 6 hours of class a day, 2-6 hours of homework a night, 2-6 hours of work a day, and trying to have a life with all of my friends, there are a couple of things I would have done differently in high school. So, I have a list for everyone.

5 Things I Wish I Would Have Done In High School When I Had The Time:

1) Sew
    - One of my life goals is to become a really great seamstress. I'm actually taking lessons every Monday.
2) Train for a 10K
    - My dad ran one, and my sister is working towards one now.
3) Take dance lessons
    - I love to go dancing (we just went to Wild West this weekend). You all know that N and I took Salsa lessons last semester, and I really want to take country lessons when they offer them. Hopefully it will be on a night that N and I don't work.
4) Played a sport
    - I wish I would have done something. Stuck with tennis or played for a club soccer team or fenced or boxed or something. 
5) Worked more to make some money
    - Why didn't I work more? I could have saved up money to help pay for college.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I was able to relax and just be a kid. I also don't regret what I did or didn't do. There is just so much I want to do now, I wish I would have started to learn them in high school!

Me in high school. My friend and I ditched school a little bit to pet some mini horses that were in the parking lot. See! I did do some things!

Are there things you wish you would have done only because you used to have more time? Let me know.

Always,
Hannah 

1 comment:

  1. I hate spending hours and hours and hours on homework!! Blahhhh. I've done 12 in the past 2 days. It's sickening. And will do about 6 more tonight. What's up with that??? It means I shouldn't be blogging, that's for sure. But...ah, well. You have to stay sane somehow you know??

    Oh and your comment made me laugh! Because it's so true! He's not from Texas, but close enough! he laughed at me for saying Pop the other day!! I don't know if he knows about college signs, I'll ask ;) I've never known ANYONE from the south so it's pretty coool :)

    Hang in there Hannah :) We can defeat this semester!

    ReplyDelete