When I was in high school I thought I didn't have time to do anything. I thought going to school for 8 hours a day was hard. Throw in some band practices and I was overwhelmed.
Now that I have class 5 or 6 hours of class a day, 2-6 hours of homework a night, 2-6 hours of work a day, and trying to have a life with all of my friends, there are a couple of things I would have done differently in high school. So, I have a list for everyone.
5 Things I Wish I Would Have Done In High School When I Had The Time:
- One of my life goals is to become a really great seamstress. I'm actually taking lessons every Monday.
2) Train for a 10K
- My dad ran one, and my sister is working towards one now.
3) Take dance lessons
- I love to go dancing (we just went to Wild West this weekend). You all know that N and I took Salsa lessons last semester, and I really want to take country lessons when they offer them. Hopefully it will be on a night that N and I don't work.
4) Played a sport
- I wish I would have done something. Stuck with tennis or played for a club soccer team or fenced or boxed or something.
5) Worked more to make some money
- Why didn't I work more? I could have saved up money to help pay for college.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I was able to relax and just be a kid. I also don't regret what I did or didn't do. There is just so much I want to do now, I wish I would have started to learn them in high school!
Me in high school. My friend and I ditched school a little bit to pet some mini horses that were in the parking lot. See! I did do some things!
Are there things you wish you would have done only because you used to have more time? Let me know.