Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bolder Boulder!

I might have mentioned how my family was going to Colorado on a little vacation. We got to spend some time with two of my dad's brothers (he's the youngest of four boys!) The trip was about relaxing, but it was really about this:
The Bolder Boulder! It is a 10k run around the lovely city of Boulder, Colorado and into the University of Colorado's stadium. This run had 54,000 participants, one of which was my father.
That is my 46 year old father (in the white shirt closest to the KBCO sign about 5 steps from the finish line) running this race. He has been training for a year, running three mornings a week before work. He kicked butt. He never ran long distance before. He even lost 20 pounds. I think he placed like 15,000th. How cool right?!
After the race with his celebratory free beer ;) He ran the whole 6.2-ish miles in 61 minutes.


My dad is the toughest, smartest, most generous man I know.
I love him so much and I am happy that he was able to do this, and that we were all there to support him. I'm proud of you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment